Hello I am nonstopmommy,
I am a full time working mother with one little girl and one child on the way. I also sit on the board of multiple programs and hold a second job. My husband is a god send for sure as he often picks up the slack playing daddy day care due to my hectic schedule. I am involved in a lot of activities but I still MAKE time to do the things I need to do for my family, myself and my growing baby. IT IS NOT EASY EVER...
Entering into my first journey as a mother I listened to everyone around me. If you have been pregnant or are trying you know what I am talking about. The non-stop advice that comes your way the second you are thinking about becoming a mother. Mothers are the best teachers right? Well some advice I got was good and other advice I got was well...ignored. But I no doubt made the choices I made with my last pregnancy. I was a victim to my "condition" as I felt it was. I didn't workout, I didn't watch what I ate and I defiantly did not stay on top of my health. I let my pregnancy happen "naturally" gaining as much weight as my body would allow and my body paid for it. I was excited to be in control of my 2nd pregnancy the second I knew I was expecting...
Then the 1st trimester hit and I felt like I am sure every other mother feels. EXHUASTED. I once again went back to my old ways even though I knew I wanted it to be different this time. I was too tired to do different. Fair. 1st trimester tends to come with many unwanted and hard to deal with symptoms. Fatigue was my biggest foe. Pretty soon I was sitting at my appointment with my Midwife having gained 10 lbs already in my first trimester.
That was enough...Luckily my 2nd trimester and New Years nicely coincided. I stopped these behaviors. I am in control of every single choice I make and more importantly the choices I make for my unborn child. There are no excuses or reasons out there that you cant do it. I will give people some slack on the first trimester but this is all mental. I am with you we have to start making choices that are respectful of the tiny human being we are making.
Please continue to follow and read for more of my thoughts and experiences with being a busy working mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment