Of course with technology these days why wouldn't you want to know the sex of your child as soon as you possibly could? There is so much to plan for how would you buy things if you didn't know. Well with my first child we did not find out (even though my family still swears we did). Well we didn't and actually it made things easy for us since we knew we would continue adding to our family everything we got as gifts were neutral and everything we bought had to be neutral as well. I loved the surprise element having two names picked out and no one knowing. I feel like it gave my husband an important role as well in the delivery room he was so excited to go out in the hall and tell everyone that he barely waited for our child to cry. Now as we start preparing for our second everything we have works no matter what the baby is. So we are at a constant crossroads right now... do we find out or have it be a surprise again?
The nightly battle over names and the finding out question at our house is insane. Of course if you ask my two year old she goes back and forth between wanting a brother or sister and always picks SURPRISE when we ask if she wants to find out or be surprised. So she is no help, I guess we continue to go back and forth and don't really see the need. I just like the surprise I don't like having everything decided. I know that this is not for everyone but we have so much fun with everyone guessing for the nine months then everyone knowing for the nine months. That is just us how did you still have fun with announcing the sex early?
No comments:
Post a Comment