Friday, January 8, 2016

Mentality

Mentality is the biggest part of why I do what I do. I have always been a goal driven individual being a college athlete but I definitely lost that for a while after graduation. I have to rediscover who I was without athletics that had just been such a driving force behind EVERY decision I had made for 10+ years. I didn't know who or what was supposed to drive my decisions. I could do whatever I wanted for the most part. When I had my daughter I finally after year of breast feeding felt that empowerment and that sense of responsibility for myself and my child. How was I going to expect her to be a strong individual if I was struggling to be that. After losing my driving force for 3 years I had finally found it. My daughter I am her role model the one person she gains all of her information from if I am not the person I want to be how can I expect her to be. Children learn most of their habits from their parents. From that day on I changed my mentality no more would I sit and wonder why my house wasn't clean or I was 10 lbs heavier then I wanted to be. I realized I make every decision in my life I am not a victim of my schedule or my life. My mentality everyday shapes what I do. In order to have a strong goal driven mentality you have to find your driving force because at 4 am when your kid woke up 10 times in the night mentally you wont feel like being that person but your force will probably not only be the thing to get you out of bed it could also be the reason you want to stay in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment