Friday, January 8, 2016

My Choice Midwife versus OBGYN

My first pregnancy ran pretty smooth for the most part. I was seen by an OBGYN group in the area they did a great job. But as my husband and I started thinking about getting pregnant I was excited to find there was another option in our area. I chose Covenant Midwives and Women's Health Center. More then anything I always like new experiences. We had some issues with our previous pregnancy in the last trimester so my main concern with choosing a Midwife for my care was two things. 1. I still needed to get cleared up what happened with my first pregnancy everything happened so fast no one had time to sit down and explain anything and 2. could a midwife handle my care with our past pregnancy experience in tow. 


My first appointment I was not pregnant. I needed some answers before I was just going to make this big of change. I was happily greeted at a temporary office which was not adequate for this practice. It was for sure temporary but I didn't feel that stress ever when  I was in the office and it was the day before they moved. That impressed me with a smaller then normal office it can be hard to operate as normal. I had a long list of questions for my provider and I wasn't even close to pregnant. When my provider sat down (yes she sat down in the room with me to just talk) she was fully engaged in everything I was asking her. She answered all of my questions and after she had spent all of that time she started looking into things like my diet and other concerns I may have. I feel like in the day and age that you can email your doctor or just talk on the phone to a nurse to get things done (and being busy I am actively engaged in those services) for a provider to sit down and be engaged in a visit was so impressive to me. I normally go one hundred miles a minute but in this instance I needed someone to just listen and answer and the Midwives at Covenant gave me just what I needed. I am excited to see my pregnancy progress with them guiding my care.

No comments:

Post a Comment